Tuesday, October 12, 2010

2 year old checkup

Well it was time for William's 2 year old checkup..Taking him to the doctor is so stressful for me.  I usually get really sick the day before and I can't sleep or eat.  I'm a wreck!!!!  Poor baby had his finger pricked and 2 shots (one being the flu shot that I'm totally against him getting).  He took it like a champ and only cried a little.  Our doctor talked to us for a while about his speech and a few other things having to do with William's social skills.  She recommened we get a speech therapist to come to our house a few times a week to work with him.  I'm not fully on board but of course it's not going to hurt to have someone come help him develop better speaking and social skills.  I'm with the understanding that boys develop later than girls and he is just in his own world and developing at his own pace.  He talks a lot especially with Chris and I and he has never had a problem telling us what he wants.  He doesn't like to point at things (and that's a red flag for our doc.) but he can count to 20 and do the ABC's along with a ton of other words and he loves to read.  He doesn't put sentences together but he's 2... How developed are they suppose to be?  He's healthy and happy and that's my number 1 concern.  He's very active.  He goes to Mothers Morning Out twice a week, takes swim lessons, music classes, and tumbling.  The kid is a social butterfly.  Anyway.. I'm not the expert but I would appreciate any prayers.  I'm having a hard time with this and I know it's not a big deal as of now but could possibly be a problem in the future. 
Thanks!!

Tiff

No comments:

Post a Comment