Tuesday, December 21, 2010

High School

This is from my Senior Year at Terry

Chris's senior Picture

Disney 2002

my senior homecoming dinner at Bravo

Winter Court 2001

I have a ton of pictures of us but they need to be scanned.  I'll get them all on my computer one day!!

To continue what I started..... The first year was amazing.  Even at 17 and 18 we went through a lot.  Chris graduated High School and went on his senior trip.  That was the longest we had been apart since we started dating a whole 6 months before.  He went to Cancun and I worked at Sno Biz.  I think I put in 50 + hours that week to keep me busy.  Most boyfriends wouldn't have called their girlfriends on their senior trip but mine did.  We had an $850 phone bill that we had to pay when he got back.  (good thing I worked so much that week he was gone)  Soon after Chris came home we went to Orange Beach with my dad and family for a week.  I loved that Chris got to go with us.  We had a busy summer.  After Orange Beach we left for our week long trip to Ohio to see my mom, brother, and step-dad, Mark.  Chris and I were together (forever).  I think even after just a few dates we knew that this was it for the both of us.  For my birthday and 8 month anniversary Chris gave me a promise ring.  It was perfect.  He spent a lot of time picking it out and I still remember what he said to me when he gave it to me "I can't express to you how much I love you but this is my promise".  That August Chris left for Holmes.  I hated every second of it.  (he was 1 hour away) I had to go back to High School of course... It was my senior year.  I wasn't sure how do deal with going to Terry and Chris not being there.  Chris played ball at Holmes for a while but ended up moving back home and driving back and forth to Holmes for the rest of the 2001 semester.  By Spring 2002 he was at Hinds and I was ready to graduate.  Graduation came and went and soon I joined Chris at Hinds.  The Skinner Family went to Disney and so did Chris.  We went on all vacations with us.  I almost refused to go if he didn't go.  By this time Chris and I had been together for a year and a half.  I soon moved in to a house behind my grandparents house.  I felt like I was on my own, growing up, but of course I was a sprint away from my pop and granny's front door.  Chris and I both continued at Hinds but soon needed a change.  The next summer 2003 Chris moved in with my mom in Ohio to work on a summer internship with Mark in his Science lab.  I would either fly to Ohio or he would fly back home every couple of weeks.  When Chris came home he started Millsaps and I went to Belhaven.  We both loved our small private colleges.  Chris graduated with a Science Degree and I have a Business Degree.  After dating for 6 years on a whim we decided to get married in Lake Tahoe....
To be continued!!
Tiff

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I can't wait to hear the rest of the story!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Alison. It takes me a while to get my thoughts together. haha..

    ReplyDelete