Saturday, December 18, 2010

From the beginning

Everything seemed to be in "slow motion" as we use to pass each other in the halls.  Our eyes would meet and my smile seemed to get bigger and bigger the closer we would get, then he would pass and I would have to book it to get to my class on time (usually because I had purposply gone the wrong way just to see him).  I was a 17 year old cheerleader at Terry High School and as Chris Snell walked down the stairs at the athletic banquet I caught myself staring.  Tall, dark, and oh so fine.  Of course it helped that he played baseball and football.  After the banquet was over we all stood around talking when Josh Hobock walked up to me and said "someone thought I was cute" (or something like that).  Of course I had no idea who he was talking about.  Josh hinted around and soon my eyes about popped out of my head when we started talking about the same person 'Chris'.  I was in shock and left the banquet as soon as I could.  I kind of thought it was a joke.  Of course I knew I would see him the next day at school so I had to dress super cute just in case.  I ran up to Maggie in the hall and told her what Josh had told me.  While I was in the middle of telling her Chris tapped me on the back and said "Hey".. I managed to say a very quite "hey" back.
Fast forward a day or two and Chris finally asked for my number.  That night we talked for 31/2 hours.  That same week we went on our first date.  He was late of course and I was worried he wouldn't show.  I quickly found out that I would wait a lot but I didn't seem to care.  We went to see "The Grinch".  During the movie we held hands for the first time and I thought I was going to pass out.  I was calm but had the butterflies.  We had our first kiss that night and I was in Heaven.  After our first date he went to deer camp for several days.  The reception is terrible there (thank goodness it has improved the past 10 years) but he drove to a reception spot so he could call me.  We had only been together for a few days but we both missed each other.  All of this happened during the holidays and not many people knew we were dating.  I had a lot to talk about when we went back to school in January.  My first Christmas present was Ralf Lauren Perfume.  It's still my favorite.  This is just the beginning.  After Chris reads this I'm not sure how much more he will let me tell.  Happy Saturday!
Tiffany

1 comment:

  1. So sweet! Didn't know ya'll had been together since you were 17!!

    ReplyDelete